Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Unable to resist a competition

especially one with a largish prize...

One of our neighbours has started an auction site. Yeah I know online auction sites aren't as easy as they look or else everyone would be doing it. And there are several about but only one in NZ could call itself successful.

I had a bit of input into the initial testing - unfortunately I didn't get a go at the site and feature design (cos I reckon I could set up a brilliant site - as long as the programming was possible for what I would set up - I've been skulking round other auction sites for long enough to know exactly what people want). I think they found this themselves, the further they got into it the more ideas they had and they are now planning on a complete site redesign somewhere down the track should it survive the first months.

They went live yesterday at 12 noon check it out www.ezytrade.co.nz. Not a lot is happening on there yet, but have a look at that prize - 10 grand for the first person that gets 1000 positive individual feedbacks. There are some more prizes along the way, half price fees and bits and pieces if you are the first to get to various levels. As with all new things it has some undiscovered technical hitches but bear with them and they will fix these as they arrive.

So watch out - I'm clearing out, I'm listing everything! Actually if we do sell this place in the next few months we will need to have a clear out since the plan is to live like gypsies for a month or three while we build. (still looking for the perfect piece of land, guess we'll know it when we see it)

2 comments:

llew said...

Is this the neighbour who looks like a Bollywood film star?

wino said...

Nah, Mums neighbour looks like a bollywood star, our neighbour starts internet auction sites. (not sure which is more useful - Mum's neighbour is definitely decorative)