Monday, November 07, 2005

Mowing the lawn and things

Took two small trailerloads of horse manure off the paddocks this morning and dumped it on the shelter belts to help them grow (hopefully) use the ride one with it's little trailer - very handy the ride on. On the way back to the shelterbelts I mowed a few weed patches too. Husband reckons it is a bit silly to mow when towing the trailer but hey what does he know. I either mow with the trailer or I get off, detach trailer, get back on, mow patches of weeds, get off, reattach trailer, get back on. Nope, sounds like too much exercise for someone just finished a heap of poo picking.

Anyway I had finished that when the noisy neighbour leans over the fence and asks why I pick up horse manure. The obvious answer is I put it on the shelter belts to make them grow. The fact that said shelter belts are situated between his place and ours doesn't really need pointing out. (Willing the trees to grow very fast - two or three metres in the next couple of months would suit me fine).

Anyway he accepted the explanation - maybe he thought I was mad, who knows - and then asked why I had cut that nice long grass, I should have let the cows eat it. So he can't tell grass from dock and buttercup, and I thought those pretty yellow flowers were a dead giveaway - obviously a townie. Wish he'd go back there.

No comments: