Friday, November 18, 2005

Hic

After a last minute mini crisis at lunchtime today the crisis is now officially over. So I went to help sort the new mini crisis out, sorted it, and it was drinks time. "What do you want to drink?" they asked me. Guess what I said...

So we sent one of the guys down to the bottle store and he came back with lotsa beers and no wine. Thanks. (I suspect that is payback for me losing my cool in the last week or so) So I had two beers and went home. But it wasn't right, so I had two wines when I got home. And I think I was a bit generous when it came to glass selection (ie I picked a big one)

Somewhat more relaxed I recalled that there is a family lunch tomorrow at our place so I weaved my way out to the kitchen to do something about it. That involved tipping a couple of kilos of potatoes into a pot for boiling to make potato salad in the morning. Lucky they were washed potatoes because I couldn't be bothered washing them... And I mashed a couple of avocados with a couple of cloves of garlic. It's interesting how far a ripe avocado can spread itself round the place when it wants to.

Then it seemed a likely moment for a wander down the paddocks. That's when I realised that the wine had really gone to my head - I seemed to be seeing two of one of the cows - I could count three black ones not our usual two. But I could only count one black and white one, so that was okay... Most odd though, squinting and peering out of one eye didn't seem to fix it. Come to think of it (squinting a bit harder) one of those cows didn't seem to be a cow. In fact we appear to be offering free lodging, and probably sex on demand, to the neighbours bull.

Some time later with the bulls return to his rightful place organised for tomorrow I found the potatoes had boiled dry.

I guess the next dilemma is guessing which cow is possibly in calf and attempting not to put her in the freezer when the home kill man comes out.

No comments: