Saturday, December 10, 2005

So what's your significant other getting for Christmas

Mine's getting a new cordless drill. And a few other bits and pieces that I saw along the way and decided he would like. But I'm not discussing those cos he has been known to read this in passing.

He knows I've got him something else and the what is driving him mad....

I've just been doing a little bit of present wrapping and pondering that this is a major difference between men and women. He REALLY wants a new cordless drill as the other one is broken and so no longer cordless. He advised what voltage it should be and had a brand preference. He wants nothing else.

Now if he should contemplate buying me something of a utilitarian nature he had better add something utterly frivolous to that parcel cos girls don't want presents of things they have to have anyway.

2 comments:

llew said...

We've decided that we'll visit a nifty little local art gallery & buy each other something we like - possibly for the garden at one of the homes. (seems weird saying that, I must admit... the "townhouse" or the "country retreat".

heh.

Anyway... although I do actually need a new cordless drill...

wino said...

Hmm Clods... that sounds drastic! Has he been marking his territory round the house or is he out fighting?