Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Just in case you were confused



I've been having a wee tiki tour round the central north island today, Been to T places - Tirau, Tokaroa, Taupo... missed Turangi, might go Friday... I enjoy those sort of days, admiring the countryside, other peoples stock and the idiocycrises of small towns.

I followed the truck in the photo for about 20km, and in the end had to get a photo of it. The small print on the sign says "Anything else could be" A timely reminder since I am not that good at sticking to the speed limit. I blame cars for this - if they weren't meant to go faster than 100kph they shouldn't be able to. (Note too for all my lawlessness the four accidents I have had in my driving life were all at speeds of less than 50kph)

The reason this sign amused me is that he spent most of the time travelling about 20km above the speed limit - must have got an exemption when he got the sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I have actually STOPPED flashing at speeding folk when I know there is a road trap. Must be old age as I enjoy putting my foot down too, but try and stay in the speed limit.
SO agree about cars being able to go really fast. And that would be why, exactly?