Saturday, March 26, 2005

A great deal of nothing has happened

So I have had nothing to say.

I am getting bitterly resentful of having my life on hold while some group of medical people get round to discussing me. While I have had time to contemplate this I have also started to wonder if the decisions they are going to make when they do get round to it will actually be the best treatment decisions for me or if the treatment I get will be what fits in with their budgets and patient loadings.... Cynical? You bet. All out of faith in the health system.

So we go on.

Actually I have had two rides on the new GG. He's a lovely character, green as grass, attached to the minis now so he puts in a bit of a buck when asked to move away from them, but otherwise a non stress ride. Nice walk and trot on him, haven't tried a canter yet, he should come good with work.... As is always the way he fits perfectly the saddle that I don't particularly like and doesn't fit the one I do like. I can feel a wee saddle buying excursion coming on... ('right!' says husband, 'horse now owns covers that cost more than he cost, now you want a saddle worth twice what he is worth' - that's not true, the covers were on special and didn't cost that much and anyway you can't leave a horse with a feeling of inadequacy cos he hasn't got anything to wear!

2 comments:

wino said...

Bah Humbug.

Thanks Caroline, those of great medical wisdom actually did discuss me last Wednesday apparently and ... they recommended more scans - according to the dizzy woman in Auckland who freely acknowledges their system is appalling but couldn't care less.

I sent a formal complaint to the hospital board this morning.

Probably what has particularly stirred me up is that my sister and brother in law are off to the UK this week for six months and we were going to join them in July for a month. Had to cancel the booking (a month ago now), and still don't know what will be happening to me for the rest of the year... extremely depressing. Very close to giving the entire medical profession a two fingered salute and going anyway.

Haven't ridden with the wind in my hair for years, boo hoo, always have helmet affixed firmly to head these days (old and too cautious), but saddle hunt is under way *grin*.

Anonymous said...

Oh f*** it. I'm so sorry about your holiday.

It's excellent you have complained.It has long been my credo that she who complains loudest gets heard first. Learnt long ago when when first child was in and out for hospital during her first year....

Ha, no I didn't really mean bare headed - although I remember doing that when I was young and mad(der)- just getting out there really. On your new saddle. Yepieeeeee.
Thinking of you.