Wednesday, February 23, 2005

If it wasn't for the weather

90 percent of the population would have nothing to say....

I get a bit obsessional about rainfall - used to wonder why on earth anyone would want a rain guage and now I keep spreadsheets of the rainfall. (Guess I am just a sad excuse for a human being - it must be middle age)

But it is raining right now - right on cue as I was contemplating the watertank levels this evening.

A couple of years ago when we had a drought I swear I was about to punch the next cheerful shop assistant who said "and isn't it another lovely sunny day" with similar aggressive feelings directed at the weather presenters on the TV as they brightly proclaimed "tomorrow is going to be another nice day". That's great when there is no grass left anywhere on the property, you are feeding out and the well is struggling.


On a slightly bizarre and off topic note called in to see my mother tonight and she reported that the next door neighbour got a bit amourous the other day and she didn't know quite how to rebuff him politely. "I knew you'd laugh" she said when I did. She's seventy and he is a bit older.... I suggested it was probably okay to still have sex appeal (ick 'sex appeal' what a phrase) at her age, she didn't think it mattered much to her...

No comments: