Sunday, March 08, 2009

Technology

I came late to MP3 players - mostly because I had a good CD stacker in my car and didn't see any need to have more than that - until it broke and the repairman shrugged and said "Everyone has iPods now, not worth fixing."

So iPods it was. We briefly considered the other MP3 options but got seduced by the brand in the end. I still covet the iTouch a little but we got a couple of Nanos, one for husband and one for me. He's pleased with his - he can listen to AC/DC while he harrows.

How can they fit thousands of songs in something the size of a credit card?

I think this is a good thing - I am equipped with a playlist of 120 odd music CDs, a few more downloaded from iTunes Store and such gems as Italian for Rude Americans (not the real name obviously - so far I have maybe ten words of Italian, twelve if you include Lamborgini and Ferrari). So I must be ready for the longest wait in the doctors ever, and about three days non stop driving.

The thing is managing it all seems to take up a lot of computer space and time (and the old laptop is struggling under the load - may need to get a new one... hmmm)

And I must be getting really old, but I used to be really pleased if my car played tapes. Remember those things that stretched and broke and wrapped themselves round the player heads needing major surgery to untangle.

Who would have thought then that I can now tuck my entire music collection inside my bra.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, haven't dropped in here for years. How are you?

I notice you are linked to Roarprawn - dare I ask if you know her? Small world.

wino said...

Hey you! Yep I'm still round (despite dieting LOL)

No don't know Roarprawn - but would love to share a bottle or two with her blogs sound like she's a heap of fun :-)

Anonymous said...

I used to work with her - yes, but takes some getting used to. Are you on Facebook - if so, have I added you as a friend? I am so hopeless at working out who is who from real names.

Me too on the round thing. ;)