Saturday, October 07, 2006

I got a tattoo this week

My sister in law has a butterfly on her bum I am told. I think she offered to show me once but I declined. I can't quite remember.

I worry a little about the tailend of the baby boomers and their willingness to permenantly mark themselves. I mean when you are 85 and in a rest home the sexy little tattoo on your whatever is not going to be that pretty. But I suppose anyone that is looking when you get to that age either won't care or won't have that great eyesight...

But I got three small blue tats this week - I asked for a more appealing design if they were going to permenantly mark me but they declined to do a rose or a running horse. Not fair really.

It was actually called a 'mark up' to make sure the radiation I am getting next week will be delivered to the correct area. 10 medium doses they reckon should zap the tumour back into submission. Not that it is rampaging, just sneaking in a little growth here and there.

"where have you been?" someone at work asked when I came back.
"getting a tattoo"
Don't think he quite knew what to answer...

3 comments:

wino said...

Sorry chick - had better write something worth looking at then.:-)

Karl said...

Tattoos on those heading towards permanent bewilderment is not necessarily a bad thing. It could serve as a dog tag to remind you (a) your name, and (b) which rest home you're running away from. Of course it would have to be in huge font and written in a wrinkle-defying way.

Here's an idea: "If you can read this, you're close enough to change my nappy!"

Karl said...

ROTFLOLPRDML! I just read what I said, and I'd better tack on a hasty amendment that I was NOT IN ANY WAY CALLING YOU A GERIATRIC! My mother always said that an Irishman's allowed to talk until he's understood ;-)