Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm a sucker

(pictures to follow)

There was a little thoroughbred mare going to go to the dogfood place through no fault of her own. She's now residing at our place. Or actually at the neighbours since we appear to be short on grass. She's a sweet wee girl - very timid as she has had very little handling over the last few years. I wasn't sure what to do with her but I think she might have to stay... One thing that I am keeping an eye on is that she appears a little round in the belly department when viewed from front or back on. Time will tell I suppose.

Also round is the preggie Ears, and the No 12 cow who is due at the end of next month and just about as round as she is tall. This does not stop No 12 from having bucking sessions round the paddock - though perhaps it isn't bucking it is cow kicking.

1 comment:

wino said...

LOL photos coming. My hubby is a sucker so relatively easy to get round. I just went "poor little thing it isn't her fault..." I think I might have thrown in that next doors horse needed company and so would Kiwi when Ears goes into the maternity ward. She further endeared herself to him by loading onto the truck like an old hand. He's currently sighing and asking how many hectares do I think we really need if I am going to continue to take in every horse I come across for free (I think 10 hectares should do it...)