Sunday, May 14, 2006

A weighty matter


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I've been mucking round with it for too long making excuses.  But
at the beginning of May I decided the least I need to do is get rid of
the 14kg of  weight I gained while I was having chemo.  
So here it is - a ticker to show you how much I have lost since 1
May.   After that there is the weight I gained when I had the
chemo in 2001.... 

One of the sad things about taking weight loss seriously was that I really did need to get new scales. The old ones were digital but they had some interesting behaviours. Some days I weighed 37kg. That was really quite inspiring, but when I stepped back on them two minutes later I would find I suddenly weighed 112kg which wasn't quite as exciting. Some days they did come up with numbers that looked logical but due to this shifty behaviour I decided to get some new ones. As can be expected I was two kg heavier than I thought (grrr it's worse than I imagined!) But not to worry - that's gone.

Hopefully my determination lasts.
I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

wino said...

Nah I'm miles behind you, you are doing so well! - and I'm only talking about the weight I put on last year - the stuff I put on in 2001 is hiding under the 2005 weight. (I don't think I am prepared to face up to all the weight yet - I just can't get started when I think about all of it so baby steps)
I was actually going out to dinner last night and thought I was likely to chuck it all in (after two weeks - pathetic!) so stuck the ticker in to keep me going.

Actually the good size weight loss rather suggests I'm not as metabolically and hormonally challenged as I thought I was - so I'd better get on with it, no excuses. :-)