Monday, April 11, 2005

Twas International health and fitness week or some such

last week - apologies if I got the title wrong I wasn't paying that much attention....

Work got quite excited about this and told us all to do 3 hours worth of health and fitness things on work time. Which was all very generous. (But you wonder if anyone will be eligible for stress leave until further notice cos they told you to get some exercise and learn to relax)

The point I was coming to is they sent us all Pedometers. They sent us healthy snacks too, and instructions on how to quit smoking, meditate. and get more exercise (you know the walk to work bit... and take the stairs bit - theres's two steps in our office so we all take them always - and the walk a bustop or two bit...) But NZ Post misplaced our parcel till Friday morning. This meant that we missed out on the competition to count our steps and be the most active office. (sooooo disappointed - and if I hadn't been limping I would have been a contender *grin*)

Some woman somewhere in the company averages 22000 steps a day. I suggest her manager reviews her performance immediately cos she can't be doing much work when she's walking round all day!

Now this darn thing is ruling my life. I've calibrated it carefully, and I've spent all weekend worrying about getting to 10000 steps. Can get in a couple of thousand or so with a walk round the town at lunchtime, it is 300 metres to the end of our property which is 500 steps for me give or take so I need to do that a few times.... I have notified the IT department that there are insufficient steps between my desk and the printer and that I want this rectified ASAP.

Right now I am SO annoyed. I came home and got changed and buggered off down the paddocks to do various things and I forgot to put that darn pedometer back on, and I walked up and down for at least half an hour.... all those uncounted steps.

(I'm guessing it's at least 6000 because that's how many I'm short for today)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't you cheat and add a few manually?