Monday, April 04, 2005

Old enough to know better

I'm broken today. Horse and I parted company yesterday afternoon and now one ankle won't work properly (a severe strain they tell me)

Now I knew before I got on him that he was full of autumn grass and jumpy so at my age you'd have thought I would have learnt to give it a miss. Nope not me. So we had a disagreement about which way we were going and he went his way and I went mine, so we both got what we wanted, or something....

I got back on him and spent 15 minutes making sure his steering worked, then groomed him, fed him and turned him out before I realised my ankle was complaining really loudly, in fact felt like it might fall apart if I took my boot off..... hobbling round today VERY slowly.

I used to be able to fall off twice a day and not hurt myself at all. Guess I had better develop some user discretion - and remember that you bounce a lot better as a child and teenager...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Bad luck old thing - that's all you need.
Bad horsey.

wino said...

Ah... at work they insist I did it deliberately since it is international health week or some such and the staff are all supposed to get in three hours physical activity this week in work time. Tomorrow there is a big walk uphill, and I don't think I'll be doing it.... We were all getting free pedometers too and there is a chart to fill out how many steps you've done - except NZ Post has temporarily (or maybe not temporarily) lost all the parcels so no ones counting - just as well, I'd have been lucky if I did 100 steps yesterday and maybe 300 today.

Have also found that if I take enough Arnica it puts me to sleep - interesting....