Monday, April 18, 2005

Right so I am a nutter and here is my opinion

It started with a seemingly casual discussion at work, “why” asked someone “isn’t there fluoride in the local water?” At the same time as I said “because it’s a stupid idea” someone else said “because the nutters make too much of a fuss about it”. Interesting discussion followed – after I’d acknowledged and adopted the nutter tag. I work with a highly intelligent, well educated man who feels the GE is fine, fluoride in the water is fine and everyone should line up and get immunized for anything the Health Department (or whatever they call themselves these days) says you should be immunized for. I don’t get it…. (so perhaps it’s just me).

Fluoride: I mean to say… there are studies that indicate that fluoride intake can in susceptible individuals cause brittle bones, kidney problems, limit the uptake of other nutrients and possibly cause cancer. Other studies indicate that with or without fluoride the level of tooth decay is
reducing in most developed countries. So whether you believe in it or not… Why the hell would you want to forcibly medicate the whole population???? (especially as there is enough in toothpaste) Apart from anything else it’s such a hugely wasteful and inaccurate method of delivery.

Similarly he feels it is not great loss if every crop in the world is GE contaminated….

And that non immunized children shouldn’t be allowed in school or preschool (I pointed out that if immunization was so wonderful the only kids at risk were the non immunized ones). Don’t get me wrong here my kids were (more or less) immunized, just not necessarily as recommended (and I drove my GP mad asking about side effects and contra indications and demanding a scratchtest for one).

I thoroughly dislike having no freedom of choice… I don’t understand why other people would feel that is okay.


3 comments:

wino said...

Yaaay Bron, lets be nutters together then LOL.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's the freedom to choose that I want - AND not to have to defend my choices if they hurt no one.

Did the same with my childrens innoculations Wino...and you are most definately not a nutter.

Chris said...

Of the same opinion here! and this is one Mum that put her foot firmly down over the over prescribing of anitbiotics! If there will be one major killer in the future generations, it will be humanities failing immune systems!
Ok..off soapbox lol