Thursday, April 07, 2005

My husband is hyperactive

or something. He always has been from what I've heard - I guess they missed the diagnosis when he was small. He probably doesn't need Ritalin since he has no trouble concentrating on one thing for long lengths of time..... though I must say an ad break on the tele is enough to make him very fidgetty - disruptive even...

I thought I would mention this as he is currently outside in the dark rebuilding a horsetruck. It worked fine the way it was but he feels the need to improve it.

Most of the time the end results of this inability to sit still are great, things get done round our place (sometimes before I am quite ready for them to be done) though some years ago in the middle of winter he ripped off the wall linings in the bathroom, found the roof leaked in some obscure place and left the wall linings off for six weeks while he fully investigated and fixed the leak - ever tried having a shower in a room where the temperature is probably round 1 degree celsius? (If not I don't recommend it).

I guess it keeps him off the streets.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ad breaks are so long that he probably has time to rebuild a small barn.

wino said...

LOL that's next on my list. (build a small barn actually)

wino said...

And funnily enough during an ad break this evening he decided the next thing he might do is rebuild the spare garage - into a small barn...

Next week he'll be complaining that he never gets time to relax!

llew said...

6 weeks isn't too bad though. Friends of mine lived for over 10 years with half the ceiling in their lounge missing. They fixed it up immediately before selling the place...

wino said...

Yeah Llew we've got friends like that too (not only the ceiling but a hole in the floor too). Same friends moved 8 years ago and put an addition on the house they bought within 6 months of moving, they moved again the other month, the skirting boards had never been attached in the addition and the exterior was still only half painted. They sold it as it.... guess I should count my blessings.