Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Shuddup and take ya Prozac

Maybe it is me but life is continuing to be seriously strange.

Rang the hospital this morning, last week they were supposed to discuss my case in a meeting, but I hadn't heard. This was because they didn't bother having the meeting. (this is a work practice I haven't yet tried but has definite merit, I mean we all know how tedious meetings can be) . Said I was still in the dark about how widespread the cancer is and I really wanted to discuss this with someone. I was told that I could be referred to a really competent counsellor who would help me deal with the issues that I was currently facing. Would they have my medical records in front of them then? No but they would be a help to me as I came to terms with being a cancer patient! Arghh help!!!!!!
Currently I feel reasonably sane considering but this isn't helping.

One of the guys at work went round the road to buy his daughter a bed. He walked into the shop, bounced on the bed a couple of times, checked out the price. The conversation went like this:
Bed buying person: Can I have that single bed over there
Shop Assistant: No I don't want to sell that one
BBP: Can I have one like it then
SA: No, we have to order six if we order one and we don't want to order six
BBP: Well I could just have that one since you have that one already
SA: No we need that one for display. You can have that King Single
BBP: At the same price
SA : No at the price marked on it
BBP: Okay but if you don't want to sell any singles why don't you sell the display one.
SA: Because people want to see what is available

Maybe I am crazy and just don't know it....

No comments: