Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sorry meant to be back sooner but got busy

Husbands shed full of tools arrived. Was a little bit of a disappointment - though we really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth (actually I had a look in the gift horses mouth the other day, Ears that is, and she really has good teeth for her age) - but other peoples sheds must be smaller than ours. There was no shed with the prize. There was a battery drill (which is what I bought to enter the competition) and an electric chainsaw - not much use to us as we have 300 metre boundaries and our extension cords aren't that long. There was a battery operated tape measure which is a strange implement, I have tried it but I can't quite drive it right, a laser level, a circular saw and a drop saw. There was some more stuff - I think there were ten tools all together - but none of them were on our "I wish I had one of those" lists.. Never mind, it was all very nice.

Since then I have been scrambling round having Real Estate salespeople visit. I hate this, it means I have to do housework, and I think I didn't inherit the housework gene (a glance at the ironing pile would confirm my domestic goddess non status) . My mother no doubt still despairs - but she has learnt not to say so anymore.

I also hate about 50% of Real Estate salespeople. Only the ones that tell you big stories, say dismissive things about your property, don't know how important water is when you live in the country, can't be bothered walking down to the back paddock, and feed you incorrect information. The rest are alright, and about one in ten I like so much that I want to give them a beer and invite them to chat some more. (though we have only had seven in to date so perhaps that is one in seven that I like)

But anyway we might get ourselves round to putting the place on the market in the next week or so. Or we might not worry and take ourselves off to Europe for a month instead.

Anyone want to house sit? Would have to warn you that the neighbours, while generally harmless, are irritating...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I didn't know you were moving! Is it because of the neighbours?

A month in Europe. Lovely - although not at this time of year....

wino said...

After a quiet Christmas (the neighbours that is) they are back in February to partying two or three nights a week until all hours. Couple that with a glitch in the councils after hours phone line so you cannot reach noise control, and the councils refusal to give a direct number for noise control and we have reached the limit... (I think - the trouble is anything else on the market is total crap...) Europe in May is the vague plan, waiting on some scan results - March is also the month to acknowledge the state of my health again after some time ignoring it.