Thursday, December 01, 2005

I still want catfood without the third degree

You may recall - but it probably wasn't interesting enough to recall - that I changed petshops Post about buying catfood. So I had to buy more cat food again today, and I find this insidious curiousity about the number, type, age and habits of my animals is spreading all over the town. I'm standing in the aisle with a bag of cat food under my arm, reading the instructions on a bottle of algae killer for the aquarium trying to figure out if the plants will keel over as well, when up comes the assistant and proceeds to 'help' me by asking what sort of fish I keep, whether my cat would like some canned food to go with the dried food, and what my pets are getting for Christmas!

Consequently I have no idea whether the algae killer will also kill plants but there is no risk of it killing mine because I put it back on the shelf. Still obviously in need of an online petshop. If I don't find one soon I may start my own.

The tiles I went into town to get haven't shown up either - so I have only a vague recollection and husband has never seen what colours the kitchen tiles are going to be. Hope they show up tomorrow we will be ready to put them up in the weekend.

1 comment:

wino said...

Our old cat Dean - who sadly is no longer with us - used to get a birthday card from a pet shop (probably a branch of the one you went to - which also happens to be the one I no longer go to)

The amusing part about that was that while his actual date of birth was recorded somewhere he never celebrated his birthday as such so I had no idea when it was and put him down for 1 April. So every year at the end of March (for several years after he'd left us) Dean used to get mail. I don't think he noticed.