Friday, May 27, 2005

A room with a view

Have just got back from a five day stay in a ninth floor Auckland room with amazing views of the harbour and the skytower. I even had this fabulous room to myself and it had an ensuite. I only wish I had thought to take the camera.

The room service sucked though and the cost of staying included feeling like I had been run over by a truck, and some interesting staple effects in my stomach.

They didn't manage to kill me while under anaesthetic, but I don't think they did a lot of good either, they didn't remove a great deal of the cancer which has now spread.

So it's on to chemo. It's not over by a long shot.

3 comments:

wino said...

Thanks guys. It's so nice to be home - even if it is raining and I still feel like I have been run over by a truck....

Must recommend the 6 day water and clear juice only diet, I've lost 4kg and my skin looks great.

Chris said...

Doesn't sound like my kind of diet at all wino! Hope you feel better soon, just in time for them to start the chemo I suppose!! Stay strong

wino said...

Not normally my type of diet either Chris (otherwise I might be slimmer *grin*) but works quite well when you feel run over by a truck.

Ate my first bit of solid food yesterday morning - vegemite on toast - best thing I had tasted in months....