Thursday, July 02, 2009

Sulking and throwing a tantrum

It's not fair!

I'm out tonight feeding horses and cows and goats. And I'm over winter.

I want to be in New York like David Farrar or in Singapore on the way to Spain and Italy like Homepaddock or in London Paris and the Netherlands like Chicken Blog. I probably don't want to lose my passport in LA like Cactus Kate but I wouldn't mind San Francisco right now. Or I want to be sitting in my sister and brother in laws garden in the Cotswolds. Or snorkelling somewhere tropical.

Instead I'm covered in hay, and faintly scented with silage and sugarbeet, and cold. The cold bit is the worst. I did have half a dozen eggs in my pocket so it isn't all bad. But work deadlines and months of pressure mixed with no small amount of monotony stretch before me.

Actually it's a life I usually consider myself lucky to have. There's a lot to be grateful for.

Just sometimes it would be nice to be somewhere else.

2 comments:

homepaddock said...

If I could send you some heat and sun I would. Ther's planty to spare here: 20ish plus early int he morning and nearly 40 degrees by late afternoon.

wino said...

Aww thank you
I feel warmer already. (no frost this morning probably helped)