Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pondering my lack of empathy

Someone we know has been running their own business for about 10 years. It has by all appearances gone very successfully. Appearances included expensive cars, brand new big boys motorbikes, large house additions, home theatres, and children behaving like spoilt brats and attached to every consumer appliance available. If there was any doubt the successfulness of this business and the material possessions in this families life was forever shoved down everyones throats. That anyone would want to work for a salary was sneered at (yep that's me). That my husband operated his own business for some years but in the end figured working for someone else was a better lifestyle was mentioned as his 'failure in business'.

This week we were told that the business was inches from failure and if it went so would everything they owned.

I was supposed to do something. I feel completely disinclined to do anything.

I can't believe the lack of foresight.

No comments: