Tuesday, May 12, 2009

OMG - you won't believe this! (well I don't)

I'll have to check again in the morning to make sure it is real....

BUT

They re-aligned the driveway today. They moved the letterbox over, they widened the access, they put some very solid basecourse down.... all very nice, they fixed the drainage ditch that shouldn't be there,

AND THEY FILLED IN THE DITCH AT THE END OF THE DRIVE

It is now no more than the slightest of indentations.

It had just finished raining when I went to admire it - the water was running off superbly, nowhere near our place but they seem to have diverted it quite well into the neighbours - the ones who started all this in the first place. I think they are worse off out of all this. (Actually I know they are worse off but that is another story altogether really).

Now I just hope that Inroads and the Council don't find any reason to start it all over again.

Reg I'm sorry I doubted you - you are almost (but not quite) forgiven.

1 comment:

Katidids said...

Wow, this entire saga sounds remarkably like the dept of transportation& highways here in the U.S.! Lets hope they leave it alone!