Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bizzare

My work digital camera was on its last legs and had developed a battery eating problem.

So yesterday I strolled into an appliance shop, browsed the range of digital cameras and selected the one I wanted with a few accessories that I felt compelled to own while I was there and asked the shop assistant who was hovering for "that camera there" pointing to the model I required which was sitting in the cabinet. (not please note in one of those displays where the camera is attached to a wire but available for all to handle - this was securely ensconced behind a lock and glass)

He declined to sell it to me. It was the last camera of that model that they had in stock and he would order one in and I could collect it tomorrow. He wouldn't sell me that one - for no reason, except he wouldn't.

He was left holding the accessories.

The opposition store not very far away were quite happy to price match.

2 comments:

Loins said...

Had that happen once. What a hoot. Good luck with your new camera. Check it out on this site:

http://www.dpreview.com/

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Hello dearie! I've been playing so much with my blog lately that I fear I may go blind. Anyway I found the link to yours and I'm now a follower! All hail wino!! lol

Sue