Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Panic attack

Gemma the mini has looked due to foal for a good week but she has kept her legs firmly crossed. She's getting overnight checks and sets the foaling alarm off as well every now and then. So I am a bit wary of going out at the moment - just sometimes you have to if you want to earn a living and pay for expensive horse feed and stuff.

So this afternoon I was out for 4 hours and headed off to check Gemma as soon as I got home. I had a view of three quarters of the foaling paddock and I couldn't see her. Half way there I could hear the foaling alarm in the house going off and I had this immediate vision of poor little Gemmy in trouble foaling and left without help for hours. I start running and yell "Gemma".

She of course sticks her head round the corner of the garage and looks at me as if she is a bit concerned about my sanity. Still in one piece.

Enough already - have the baby will ya.

No comments: