Thursday, January 19, 2006

Well that was a waste of time

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Every kid that lays eyes on him loves Calypso. Something about the fat spotty little urchin appeals to them. And a lot of the time he is sweet.

The day before yesterday I thought I would give him a tidy up. So I gave him a
bath. I found his yellow tail was really white, and his paler
patches were white too. That was interesting. So I conditioned his mane and tail with two different conditioners (horses
cost more to keep than wives you know), trimmed the hairy bits round
his heels, dried him off, took him for a walk, and covered him
before I put him back in the paddock. He looked gorgeous, clean
and pretty and nothing like his street urchin self.

Half an hour later he was uniformly mud coloured all over. He had managed to get rid of the cover (not sure how) he'd had a paddle in the watertrough and a big roll in the dust. He'd also given his tail a good rub on a fencepost.

Yeah he's real cute.... I'll consider selling him if anyone wants to make an offer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a palomino mini and you can bet as soon as I have given her a bath and tail clean she goes and rolls and then piddles all through her tail.
Someones hubby giving away a mini eh-better not have been mine.Just as well you live along way from me or I woyld be taking you up on your mini for sale offer--he looks toooooo cute .!!!

wino said...

LOL Bron - I can remember one of my boys doing that... did the same thing - put him to bed, no soap needed tomorrow in the bath.

Good idea Clods - we have a stockpile of gladwrap in our house as husband spent about three months insisting we had none and buying a roll every time we went grocery shopping, there are still at least six rolls unopened in the drawer. Gladwrap could be the answer.

Heard about the ad for the mini to give away. Have my husband too well trained for that (I hope) bet the man involved is gonna be in deeeep trouble. My mins don't need a trailer they try to get in the 4WD.

Chooky wish I had a pally (noooo no room in the truck for another one!)but have decided bays are a good colour - with a grey as well the pair of them get dirty real quick.

Anonymous said...

STOP THAT! He is very lovely and I am NOT going there - as our American cousins would say.

I do have a lot of grass to eat at the moment though....hmmmmmmm